Thursday, June 5, 2008

What Do You Think?

I haven't before spent too much time asking for comments on my posts, but this time I am curious what you think. Not that I'm not always curious what you think...

Anyway, I tried processing these next photos with a slightly different look. I've haven't really seen any other portrait photographers use this technique, but I thought it was interesting. The thing to look for in each of the following pictures is the "vertical grain".

Does it add intererst? Does it distract from the main focus of the portrait? Does it just look like it was printed on a cheap printer?

What do you think? You can click below to leave comments.

080522_AlyGraduation_0059 copy


080522_AlyGraduation_0068 copy

080522_AlyGraduation_0155 copy


080522_AlyGraduation_0165 copy

080522_AlyGraduation_0030 copy

3 comments:

  1. I love this effect. It is interesting, but subtle. Great creativity!

    Sarah*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the technique in some photos, but not so much in others.

    It seems to me like the shots that have a lot of variation and detail filling the frame work better than the ones that have large, mostly blank sections.

    The first shot looks good to me, and I especially like the one where she's spinning in her black dress - it makes it look like it's an old-time photograph on canvas or something - neat effect!

    But the 2nd and 4th have large empty sections where the vertical lines kind of take over the picture. I think it becomes distracting in those shots.

    I don't thin it looks like it's printed with a cheap printer - that would make horizontal lines.

    I think I might like a cross-hatch pattern a little better.

    But I do think it's a interesting technique, and I really like it on the "dress" shot!

    ReplyDelete