Sunday, June 28, 2009

26.2 (x2)

Mindy finished her second marathon yesterday and I couldn't be more proud of her. It was the Seattle Rock and Roll. She and 25,000 others ran from Tukwilla to Quest Field in Seattle passing a different band every mile. Mindy also had a PR (Personal Record, for those of you not married to track stars). Most impressive, though, was how she finished the race. She said in the last five miles or so she passed about 200 people {edit: after checking her posted scores online it looks like it might have been closer to 500 people} and was passed by only two. She was also in really great condition after the race, smiling, up for walking around, and just really positive. WAY TO GO MINDY!

If that isn't enough, after we got cleaned up we met my brother Trevor and some of his friends and walked up and down Greenwood at a car show... and after that played literally about 10 games of volleyball. Probably the most impressive feat of the day, though, was when Mindy walked the 20 feet from the car to the house after sitting in the car for two hours and letting her legs stiffen up. And yes, she is tired today but doing great. She's up and walking around and still feeling really positive about her race.

Since this is a photography blog, I should mention that the following pictures were grabbed with our point and shoot camera and not edited in any way.

I helped at a water station during the Marathon so I could at least see Mindy once. This is me running alongside her at mile 9 (my water station).
P1000230

But enough about Mindy. My life that morning consisted of sticking my left arm out as far as I could and shouting, "Cytomax!" and hoping that a gentle runner would be the one to remove the cup from my hand (as opposed to a violent runner who would spill half the sticky contents of the cup on me as they tore it away).
P1000235
P1000224
I managed to leave my station a bit early and get a ride to the finish line to see Mindy cross. After craning my neck and scanning every face coming my way for about 40 minutes, I managed to somehow miss Mindy coming up on me at the finish line, so the best picture I have of her is this one. She's in the blue, and about to pass two more runners. :)
P1000239

This is her right after crossing the finish line. She looks like she's ready for another one!
P1000243

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mindy!! I am SO proud of you... that is amazing. Taylor, you are so great for being such an active participate! Even if it did mean Cytomax all over you arm...

    ReplyDelete